NON TRADITIONAL RESEARCH OUTPUTS
ERA ELIGIBILITY AND QUALITY IN THE CREATIVE ARTS
Research Outputs Definition
NTRO Non-Traditional Research Outputs
S2 Recorded/Rendered Creative Works – Minor Research Component, to be part of a Portfolio
(S2_4) Digital creative work
(S2_5) Website/web exhibition
S2 RECORDED/RENDERED CREATIVE WORKS – MINOR RESEARCH COMPONENT, TO BE PART OF A PORTFOLIO
To be included in this category the output must be part of a portfolio of works on a particular research theme; the portfolio (recorded as an S1, once complete)will therefore meet the definition of research as amplified in the general requirements for research outputs and thus should make contributions to a particular cultural field in at least one of the following ways:
- Advancement or extension of knowledge;
- New discoveries;
- Innovative ideas, techniques, technologies;
- Solutions to problems;
- Refinement/reinterpretation of methods, techniques, existing knowledge;
- Conceptual advances;
- Constructive critiques and synthesis; and
- New means of dissemination.
For Recorded/Rendered Creative Work research outputs, the research component is contained within the recording/rendering. Simple documentations of live performances of creative works without a research component are not eligible to be submitted as this research output type, but may be submitted as supporting material under Live Performance of Creative Works (see R1 and R2 above, or R3 below).
The S2 creative work sub-categories are the same as the S1 sub-categories:
- (S2_1)Audio/Visual Recording
- (S2_2) Performance
- (S2_3) Inter-arts
- (S2_4) Digital creative work
- (S2_5) Website/web exhibition
- (S2_6) Other
- A copy of the work (or clips from the recorded/rendered work, if the recording is too large); or a link to the work (if web-based). Plus any other relevant material such as marketing material, where available.
- Where applicable, evidence of peer review in the form of a published commentary and/or detailed statements by qualified experts who had access to the recorded/rendered work.
- Evidence of when the work was made publicly available (if the date is not already included on material provided to satisfy verification requirement 1, above).
- Evidence indicating the author’s/creator’s affiliation with theUniversity (if the output does not state the creator’s affiliation with the institution (for example, there is no reference to the creator’s affiliation with Griffith University on the CD/Video jacket or on the website) please complete an authorship statement form).