NON TRADITIONAL RESEARCH OUTPUTS
ERA ELIGIBILITY AND QUALITY IN THE CREATIVE ARTS
Research Outputs Definition
NTRO Non-Traditional Research Outputs
R2 Live Performance of Creative Works – Minor Research Component, to be part of a portfolio
R2 LIVE PERFORMANCE OF CREATIVE WORKS – MINOR RESEARCH COMPONENT, TO BE PART OF A PORTFOLIO
To be included in this category the output must be part of a portfolio of works on a particular research theme; the portfolio (recorded as an R1, once complete)will therefore meet the definition of research as amplified in the general requirements for research outputs (as defined on page 5) and thus should make contributions to a particular cultural field in at least one of the following ways:
- Advancement or extension of knowledge;
- New discoveries;
- Innovative ideas, techniques, technologies;
- Solutions to problems;
- Refinement/reinterpretation of methods, techniques, existing knowledge;
- Conceptual advances;
- Constructive critiques and synthesis; and
- New means of dissemination.
This creative and performing arts category recognises the research leading up to the live performance of a creative work; the public performance is the research output. The performance should have been made publicly available in a copyrightable medium by a recognised recording label or publisher or broadcaster, and/or have taken place in the context of a major festival or series, at a public event and/or venue ofState or regional significance. The category may include work that has been commissioned by an external agency.
The R2 creative work sub-categories are the same as the R1 sub-categories:
- (R2_2) Play
- (R2_3) Dance
- (R2_4) Other
- A recording of the work (or clips from a recording, if the recording is too large) plus any other relevant material, where available,such as a program.
- Where applicable, evidence of peer review in the form of a published commentary and/or detailed statements by qualified experts who saw the performance.
- Evidence of when the work was made publicly available (if the date is not already included on material provided to satisfy verification requirement 1, above).
- Evidence indicating the author’s/creator’s affiliation with theUniversity (if the output does not state the creator’s affiliation with the institution (for example, there is no reference to the creator’s affiliation with Griffith University on the program)please complete an authorship statement form).