abbe events by
Call for papers
NB due to broad interest in abbe 2017 the submission deadline for paper abstract has been extended to March the 20th.
“the ideal fold is Zweifalt, a fold that both differentiates and is differentiated” *
GCCAR calls for academic papers and presentations that respond to the fold as a fundamental property of the book. GCCAR also calls for papers that address the histories of artists book practice in Australia, New Zealand and the broader South East Asia Pacific Region that will form the basis of a publication from GCCAR.
Continuing its collaboration with the Journal of Artists Books, selected academic papers from the conference will be double blind peer reviewed and then published in JAB.
nb academic papers and presentations accepted for abbe 2017 must not exceed 20 minutes in length. Submissions will be considered within the scope of three arenas at the conference:
folding : books
folding : risk (risking a fold)
folding : artists books histories
- limit the paper abstract to 300 words
- include a single page research CV or exhibition biography
- identify if you would like your paper considered for publication in JAB and/or the GCCAR publication on artists book practice in the South East Asia Pacific.
- include your contact information
- submissions need to be compiled into a single pdf document (a Word file will be accepted)
- submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the the 20th March 2017.
* Quoted by Arkady Plotnitsky in “Algebras, Geometries and Topologies of the Fold” in Between Deleuze and Derrida, Edited by Paul Patton & J Protevi. Continuum, London, 2003, P104.