Title: Future Craft
Conference Theme: Entrepreneurship or Enterprise?
Date: 14th March 2018
Venue: University for the Creative Arts, Farnham
Call for Papers
The University for the Creative Arts invites speakers to take part in the 'Future Craft' Conference. This is the first of a series of biennial conferences will offer an opportunity for discussion, engagement and debate across a broad continuum of jewellery and silversmithing, whilst looking forward to exploring what the future might hold
The conference seeks to provide a framework for discussion around Jewellery and Silversmithing: ‘Entrepreneurship or Enterprise?’ It will celebrate and explore continual innovation within these industries; along with learning, development, business, context and markets.
We invite proposals from scholars, artists and research students and welcome a range of modes and formats, from academic papers, artist talks, performative interventions etc.
Details should include:
- author/s name
- email address/s and number/s,
- type of paper: ‘academic papers’, ‘artist talk’, ‘performative’ etc
- abstract 150-200 words
- statement that this work is your own and that it has not been published elsewhere (or if work has already been published give reference of this publication and how much new original content submitted)
- any proposed costs, health and safety issues, equipment that may be required
- image of self (headshot) image of work (if appropriate).
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least two members of the Conference Team.
The team will include jewellery and silversmithing researchers. Submissions are not to be anonymized for review; reviewers will be required to declare any conflict of interest over reviewed work.
Please contact Rebecca Skeels with any queries about submissions firstname.lastname@example.org Successful applications will be notified by December 8th 2017.
Proposal submissions might include (but are not limited to) the following themes:
- Conserving the industry for future generations
- Learning, developing and innovating
- Past, Present and Future
- Global Issues
The University for the Creative Arts
Queensland College of Art Griffith University in Australia Festival of Silver